Monday, May 5, 2008

Finally planting out!

I am so happy to have nice weather again. It has been rainy and cold for the last week and I've been itching to get out and plant.

In the ground went 12 broccoli plants, 6 cabbage starts, 3 basil, 6 parsley, 27 onion bulbs. We have to run off to class for the kids, but hopefully more will be planted out this afternoon. The ground is still a bit wet, but it should dry out a bit by this afternoon. My coldframe is empty! Now to get the tomatoes and peppers out of the basement. I think next week I'll start with them in the coldframe and see how we do.

The spinach is doing well and so is the lettuce and peas. The swiss chard doesn't seem to be doing anything though. I think I'll put some beets there instead. Or maybe some more lettuce. I need to put out a few more peas in the area that the little man skipped. Soon we'll be eating fresh from the garden!

No comments: