Thursday, July 16, 2009

Loving the Outdoors

As you can see the ladies are getting bigger still. They are starting to really look like hens now. We still don't know if we have any boys mixed in, but are thinking we might have all girls. This week J's son A is taking care of them by himself for a Boy Scout badge. He's a very good chicken keeper. I think we'll have to keep him. It feels very odd not to be doing anything for them, but it is rather nice as well.
I thought I'd show you the back of our tractor. These are the nesting boxes on the back. The top lifts up so that we can gather eggs when they start laying. You might notice that J has put fancy roofing shingles on their home as well. Nothing but the best for our girls.

I just finished up teaching my canning classes on jam this week. Everyone loved the chickens. There were even a few who were asking questions about how they could do this. Its so very easy, I think every yard should have some chickens. I know a great tractor builder as well!

2 comments:

kitsapFG said...

That really is a great chicken tractor and the girls are looking healthy and happy!

Michaela Dunn Leeper said...

They look like just like my BO's. They are beautiful critters, aren't they?