Monday, July 6, 2009

Clothelines, the good the bad and the ugly

I love my clothesline. The clothes and towels smell so good after their day in the sun. It cuts my electric bill significantly. It makes me feel like a good green and yet old-fashioned woman.

Then on the Fourth of July, my 4 year old daughter Pooh Bear decided to climb my wonderful clothesline. When she slid down, she caught her leg on the bolt for the support piece. After a visit to the ER and 5 stitches, she thought it might be better to avoid the clothesline for now. So, although I love my clothesline, I am now irrationally aggravated with it as well.

6 comments:

Fairly Odd Mother said...

Oh, I miss having a clothes line but minus the stitches, of course! Hope she is ok.

Green Bean said...

Wow! We've had a few scrapes with ours but it's never been strong enough to support the boys. Hope Pooh Bear is recovering nicely. The clothesline too.

kitsapFG said...

Poor mite! I hope she is doing okay. We had a stitches on Fourth of July incident with our daughter when she was much the same age... no clotheslines involved though... just an overly excited child and an immovable object that collided.

The Mom said...

Pooh Bear manages to combine a girly girl with a tomboy. She gets muddy, and climbs anything in sight all while wearing a dress and her favorite lip gloss.

Michaela Dunn Leeper said...

Oh, poor kid!! Poor Momma!

I need to get my clothesline up & running.

Katie Berry said...

Poor Thing! One more reason to hate doing laundry. :)