Thursday, May 14, 2009

Beating the rain

Since it was just about to rain I figured it would be a good time to get things in the ground. We're due for rain today and again on Saturday. I'm thinking that they'll love the nice rain, but the wind that has sinced picked up is not making me or my plants very happy. They'll probably be fine though.
This is a picture of some of the basil I put in.
Here are the tomatillos that my sister in law gave me.
Lastly a few of the tomatoes. You can see the one in the back is laying down on the job. He needs a little support I think. The picture of my peppers doesn't want to upload, so I'll have to put that up another time.

I also planted the onion starts I got at the local farm stand and oregano and chives purchased at the same place. The last thing planted is the bush beans. It won't be long before its all big and lush and green. Doesn't it amaze you how tiny they start and how quickly they grow to unbelievable sizes?

No comments: