Thursday, May 21, 2009

Nature Club Fun

Here they are. A motley crew of nature hikers. They're off to find animal tracks.

I am so fortunate to be part of a fantastic group of homeschool moms. This is a club that a few of us formed to take the kids on nature hikes and just have lots of fun. Today was run by J and was about identifying animal tracks. It was quite interesting seeing that looking at the way a nut was eaten can tell you what animal was there. I wish I had paid attention more, but I was busily socializing instead. I just can't seem to help myself. It's just so wonderful to be around a group of like minded people.


Here are a group of the kids looking for tadpoles. The tracks were cool, but the tadpoles had the kids enthralled. They were everywhere today!

Here are a few of the cuties, including my own Pooh Bear.

Here S is showing off a Robin's egg that he had found. We learned that when the babies hatch, the adults throw the eggs far away from the nest to fool predators. Pretty smart, eh?!

No comments: