Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Fun with paint


We are the house that the kids play at.  I really like that.  Its nice to see what they're doing.  Its nice to let the kids have some freedom to create and use their imaginations. 

The neighborhood kids like coming to my house even though I almost never let them play video games (we have a Wii), or watch TV.  They are free to climb, run, bike, make forts and just play.  I'm not very picky about my yard.  In back of the play house they have dug an enormous hole in the hill.  I only stopped them when I worried about the playhouse falling down the hill.

This wonderful playhouse was built by the previous owners.  The gentleman did lots of carpentry, including building the addition that now houses my schoolroom/office.  When we bought the house, they asked if we wanted it to stay or be torn down.  We looked at them as if they were crazy.  Noah was 20 months old at the time and we were thrilled that it was there.  As soon as we moved in we bought swings for it and Hubby built the slide onto the side.  It is getting a bit rickety over time, but we keep fixing the broken steps as they need it. 

Over the weekend the kids decided they would like to paint it.  They got out the paintbrushes and tempera paint and went to work.  Its washable paint and as I type this its raining.  The paint seems to be holding up well so far.  I love how they personalized it and had so much pride in their work.  If the paint washes off, it will be a great project for them another day. 

1 comment:

kitsapFG said...

Your house sounds like a fun place to be for kids!