Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Busy

This is my basement.  The light pink parts of the carpet are floating.  After killing 2 pumps, we're getting the water out with a neighbor's pool pump.  We'll be fighting it for a few days though.  The water table is so high, the water is coming in through cracks in my foundation.  You can see it bubbling up. 
This is the back corner of my yard.  Even the neighbor's trampoline is under water, something that has never happened.  

I'll catch up in a few days.  I'm busy remembering that it could be much worse.

8 comments:

Michaela Dunn Leeper said...

WOW!! Hope you get everything cleaned up quickly & without much loss.

Fairly Odd Mother said...

Oh, Heather, that stinks! SAVE THE CANS! How are the chickens doing? And your beautiful garden!

Annie*s Granny said...

Here I am, complaining about no water and no rain. That's a thousand times better than what you are faced with! My goodness, will it never end?

Lise said...

Oh, what a pain! Looks like you're doing a good job keeping it lower than most of your stuff. I know it's exhausting, though; my friend is dealing with the same thing in Boston.

kiwi gomes said...

Sorry Heather! It just plain and simple stinks! My offer for freezer space still stands if you are in need of it. This is just one of those sucky times when bad things happen to good people ...

kitsapFG said...

Oh man! That is a scarey mess. I hope the water recedes soon for you and the pumps keep up until then.

Daphne Gould said...

I'm so sorry you got hit so badly. I wish I could have giving you my little backup pump, but with all that water, I doubt it would do much.

Wendy said...

We've had a couple of sunny days here in s. Maine. I hope the same has been true for you and that you've been able to dry out a bit ;).