Monday, December 14, 2009

Playing Santa's litte baker helper


I love this time of year.  The baking warms up the house and fills it with such delicious smells.  The kids help me cracking eggs, rolling balls and sprinkling sugar.  Then we fill up the plates, pack them in the car and distribute the goodies. 

This year the goodies included Chocolate Chip cookies with sprinkles, Chocolate Sprinkle cookies, Ginger Snaps and Peanut Balls.  I tend to make different things each year, but have to make the Peanut Balls every year.  People fight for them.  I'll post the recipe later. 

Today I'm off for lunch with some friends and their kids.  I'll be delivering some more of the cookie plates to them as well.   Tomorrow night I'm excited for my first cookie swap at a friend's house.  I'll be bringing the Ginger Snaps at her request.  It will be so neat to see everyone's offerings. 

2 comments:

kiwi gomes said...

Thank you! The Peanut Butter chocolate balls are to die for ... yummmmmmm. I haven't tried the others yet, but I know I'll be asking you for this receipe ... Thanks again ... :)

The Mom said...

Kiwi, you are so very welcome. I'll be posting the recipe later.